The forum seeks to contribute to regional cooperation, EU-related reforms, and the accession process in the Western Balkans. The CSF is organized as part of the Berlin Process Summit and is scheduled to take place on October 14-15, 2023.
The main objective of the CSF is to facilitate constructive and inclusive discussions on regional challenges, providing a platform for civil society to contribute insights and policy recommendations to decision-makers from the Western Balkans and Europe.
The CSF is organized by the Open Society Foundation (OSF) in the Western Balkans, in cooperation with the Hellenic Foundation for European & Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) and the Cooperation and Development Institute (CDI). As the current holder of the Presidency of the Berlin Process, the Government of Albania has mandated OSF, ELIAMEP, and CDI with the responsibility of preparing, organizing, and overseeing the implementation of the CSF.
The CSF is guided by the following principles:
- Constructive and inclusive participation of civil society in the Berlin Summit's objectives.
- Continuity between consecutive summits to establish a consultative process.
- Content continuity from one CSF to the next.
- Multi-layered connectivity, connecting WB civil society with relevant stakeholders.
- Contributing to WB6 convergence with the EU and strengthening reform processes.
Follow us on social media Facebook and Twitter for more information.